Welcome to Year 4
Our classes are 4SB taught by Mr Sloper and Miss Battisson and 4FG taught by Mrs Gill.
Mrs Bridgewater and Mrs Burden are our Teaching Assistants.
Click here to view our Year 4 Amazon book wish list. All donations gratefully received and will help us develop a love of reading!
Useful Year 4 information
- Y4 T1 Rainforests Knowledge Organiser
- Y4 T1 Rainforests Overview
- Y4 T2 Ancient Eygpt Overview
- Y4 T2 Knowledge Organiser Ancient Egypt
- Y4 Term 3 4 Anglo Saxons and Vikings Knowledge Organiser
- Y4 Term 3 Anglo Saxons and Vikings Part 1 Curriculum Overview
- Y4 Term 4 Anglo Saxons and Vikings Part 2 Curriculum Overview
- Y4 Term 5 Knowledge Organiser Mayans
- Y4 Term 5 Mayans Overview
- Y4 Term 6 Rivers Knowledge Organiser T6
- Y4 Term 6 Rivers Overview
- Year 4 Curriculum Overview
What kinds of learning do we do in Year 4?
In Year 4, we are excited to build on what we have learned in Year 3 and enjoy becoming even more independent. Our favourite topics are Anglo Saxons and Vikings, where we stage a huge re-enactment of the battle of Lunden, Rainforests, when we visit Bristol Zoo and look at ways to protect the rainforests, and Ancient Egypt, when we make prized death masks. We also learn about Rivers and the Ancient Mayan society. We become masters of computer coding, writing Scratch projects to test the Year 3's times table skills, as well as creating beautiful artistic patterns using our knowledge of shape. We lead the Christingle service in Church during December. To find out more about what Christingle is please visit the children's society webpage. In science we do topics about the human body, our digestive system, our teeth and how sound travels and is conducted by our ears and brain. We are often the times table "Rockstars" of the school, being proficient at recalling and using all of our tables by the end of the year. We continue to take part in swimming lessons at Henbury swimming pool.
YEAR 4 GALLERY