At Westbury on Trym we aim to provide a stimulating and enriching curriculum for our children. Each year group works on five to six topics over the school year depending on the length of the term.
Each term our classes have a ‘WOW’ event to capture their interest and inspire their learning. This involves either a school trip, a theme day, children sharing their learning with family and friends or inviting visitors into school. Our teachers use cross-curricular approaches in their planning to make connections between subjects and support a deeper understanding of the curriculum.
Alongside our curriculum input, we use our school values and our work on ‘becoming better learners’ to ensure that our pupils develop their learning skills as well as their knowledge and understanding. We want our pupils to question, make mistakes and take risks so that they develop into resilient, confident life-long learners.
- Reception Curriculum Overview 2019 20
- Year 1 Curriculum Overview 2019 20
- Year 2 Curriculum Overview 2019 20
- Year 3 Curriculum Overview 2019 20
- Year 4 Curriculum Overview 2019
- Year 5 Curriculum Overview 2019 20
- Year 6 Curriculum Overview 2019 20