Welcome to Year 5
Our classes are 5CB taught by Mr Banks and 5SK taught by Miss Keefe.
We also have Teaching Assistants who help in the classrooms.
Click here to view our Year 5 Amazon book wish list. All donations gratefully received and will help us develop a love of reading!
Useful Year 5 information
- Y5 T1 Ancient Greece Knowledge Organiser pdf
- Y5 T1 Ancient Greece Overview
- Y5 T2 Jamaica Curriculum Overview
- Y5 T2 Jamaica knowledge organiser
- Y5 T3 Tudors Knowledge Organiser
- Y5 T3 Tudors Overview
- Y5 T4 Tudors Part 2 Overview
- Y5 T5 My place your place knowledge organiser pdf
- Y5 T5 My place your place overview pdf
- Y5 T6 Westbury Detectives Knowledge Organiser
- Y5 T6 Westbury Detectives Overview
- Year 5 Curriculum Overview
What kinds of learning do we do in Year 5?
We like to make the most of our partnerships with other schools, so we attend workshops at Badminton and Redmaids, we have visitors who come in to teach us and we enjoy participating in competitions with other schools too. As Mr Banks is the PE lead for our school, he makes it his mission to get everyone in Year 5 taking part in as many sports events as possible. We take part in an annual project with Sally Townsend from the Alzheimers society to become "Dementia Friends". Miss Pugh also runs a Code Club where children can come and learn to code different types of games and projects using Scratch. We also do some physical computing using Crumbles.