Welcome to Year 6
Our classes are 6JY taught by Mrs Yates and 6SH taught by Mr Hartnell.
Our teaching assistants are Mrs Marshall, Mrs Neville, Mrs Ramsey and Ms Chase.
For more information about subjects please click here. For diary dates click here.
Click here to view our Year 6 Amazon book wish list. All donations gratefully received and will help us develop a love of reading!
Useful Year 6 documents
- Y6 T1 2 World War Two Knowledge Organiser
- Y6 T1 World War Two Curriculum Overview
- Y6 T2 Curriculum overview
- Y6 T3 London Curriculum Overview
- Y6 T3 London knowledge organiser pdf
- Y6 T4 Kings and Queens Curriculum overview
- Y6 T4 Kings and Queens Knowledge Organiser
- Y6 T5 Global citizens overview
- Y6 T5 Global citizens knowledge organiser
- Year 6 Curriculum Overview
What kinds of things do we do in Year 6?
Year 6 is the year that every child at Westbury looks forward to, as our Year 6 children have lots of special roles and responsibilities such as leading our online safety, eco team and houses too. As well as being the oldest members of our school family, Year 6 take part in an unforgettable camp, they put on a theatrical extravaganza for the rest of the school family to see and they do lots of work on becoming truly independent learners in preparation for their transition to secondary school. In the Summer term, we are visited by the Year 7 tutors who come over to meet the children and answer any questions that they have about life at secondary school. Topics this year include World War Two, and Democracy. A trip to visit the Houses of Parliament in London is always memorable for all pupils. Click here to read Leo and Harry's report and here to read Elena and Hattie's report of our visit in 2023.