Value for the term: Wisdom
Our value for this term is Wisdom. Christians believe that true wisdom comes from God. As a believer grows in faith so wisdom will increase. In the Bible, wisdom is seen both as a gift from God and a characteristic of God. In his parables Jesus taught that placing trust in God and recognising what is of value in life brings fulfilment. This term, as a whole school community, we will be reflecting on:
- How our children are encouraged to act responsibly and think about the wisdom of their words and action.
- The way our children are actively praised for making sensible and wise choices.
- Which areas of the curriculum enable children to consider the importance of thoughtfulness and wisdom.
- How our children can be helped to appreciate the wisdom of others.
- How our children are helped to understand the difference between being clever and being wise.
- How our children are enabled to encounter words of wisdom from many different sources.
- How our children are taught to respect the wisdom of parents and teachers.
- How the adults in our school are helped to recognise the spiritual wisdom of our children.
How we encourage our children to reflect on what is of real value in life.