Here is our Online Safety Video produced by some of our pupils. Please Watch
We are passionate about ensuring our children's safety online and we hope you are too. Please find below some helpful information to help keep you and your loved ones safe online.
At our Academy we have now implemented the role Online Safety Champions and congratulations to those pupils who have been successful in gaining this role.
What is Safer Internet Day?
Safer Internet Day is a global celebration of the safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology for children and young people.
In the UK, Safer Internet Day is coordinated by the UK Safer Internet Centre. Childnet were appointed by the European Commission to be the UK Safer Internet Centre together with the South West Grid for Learning and the Internet Watch Foundation.
#wakeupwedesday 7 Conversation Openers
#wakeupwednesday Parent's guide to Spotting Fake News
#wakeupwednesday Parent's guide to FIFA
The internet is always changing, and being able to keep up to date with your children's use of technology can be a challenge, especially if you feel that your children may have better technical skills than you do. However, children and young people still need support and guidance when it comes to managing their lives online and using the internet positively and safely.
A simple and effective way to get involved with your children and their lives online is through discussion. Why not use our conversation starters for parents and carers to get the ball rolling?
Conversation starter ideas:
- Ask your children to tell you about the sites they like to visit and what they enjoy doing online.
- Ask them about how they stay safe online. What tips do they have for you, and where did they learn them? What is OK and not OK to share?
- Ask them if they know where to go for help, where to find the safety advice, privacy settings and how to report or block on the services they use.
- Encourage them to help. Perhaps they can show you how to do something better online or they might have a friend who would benefit from their help and support.
- Think about how you use the internet as a family. What could you do to get more out of the internet together and further enjoy your lives online?
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THOSE HOT TOPICS
CLICK HERE FOR THINGS TO DO TOGETHER ON THE INTERNET
LINKS FOR PARENTS
Here is a link to a Guardian Article that has safe, great Apps for kids to play.