Welcome to Year 3
Our classes are 3CL taught by Mrs Cheater and Mrs Lougher and 3SS taught by Miss Setter.
Mrs Bridgewater, Mrs Burden and Mrs Pamunuwa are our Teaching Assistants.
Click here to view our Year 3 Amazon book wish list. All donations gratefully received and will help us develop a love of reading!
Useful Year 3 documents
Please note that information from previous terms has now been moved to the bottom of the page.
- Y3 T1 Italy Knowledge Organiser pdf
- Y3 T1 Italy Overview pdf
- Y3 T2 Powerful Earth Knowledge Organiser
- Y3 T2 Powerful Earth Overview
- Y3 Term 3 Stone Age to Iron Age Knowledge organiser
- Y3 Term 3 Stone Age to Iron Age Overview
- Y3 Term 4 Romans knowledge organiser
- Y3 Term 4 Romans Overview
- Y3 Term 5 Overview
- Y3 Term 6 Places We Play Knowledge organiser
- Y3 Term 6 Places we play Overview pdf
- Year 3 Curriculum Overview
What kinds of things do we do in Year 3?
If you ask any pupil in the school what makes Year 3 special, we will tell you two things; Year 3 go swimming and we get to build using Minecraft during our Romans topic. In addition, Year 3 also marks the start of the formal teaching of Modern Foreign Languages and we learn Spanish. Each term our topic is based either on a Geography or History theme and highlights include learning about Italy, Volcanoes and Romans, including a workshop day all about Romans. Our knowledge organisers help us to continue to build on the information that we have brought with them from Key Stage One and help us learn and remember fascinating facts and vocabulary. In Year 3, we are expected to take even more responsibility for our learning, recording our daily home reading on Seesaw, alongside tricky words that we have discovered.